Technology enables people to work faster … better … smarter. But with so many available technologies, what are the most impactful changes you can make to improve workplace productivity today?
Let’s take a quick look at 5 technology solutions that are reshaping the professional world as we know it.
An alternative to traditional software installation, cloud computing offers a wide range of business benefits. Acting as a virtual office, these services allow companies to connect to their business whenever, wherever.
Some of the core benefits include reduced IT costs, increased security, greater scalability, enhanced flexibility, ease-of-use (especially in terms of automatic updates), and greater collaboration.
In addition, cloud computing enhances business intelligence. This can provide you with a significant competitive advantage. By leveraging available data, you’ll be able to better understand your customer and in turn, make more informed decisions. In fact, companies who utilize analytics are five times more likely to make fast decisions.
Based on the availability of these cloud-based platforms, businesses are now able to develop more complex business models. This is particularly the case for companies that focus on global partnerships. You can compare the various cloud computing models, including SaaS, IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), and PaaS (Platform as a Service) here.
The way we work has changed and will continue to do so. In fact, it’s estimated that by the year 2020, more than 50 billion gadgets will be connected to the Internet.
As technology evolves, it will only become more and more embedded in the common workplace. In terms of smart gadgets, these devices instantly increase flexibility and productivity.
When it comes to “smart” offices, these workplaces heavily rely on technology. This helps automate routine tasks, unify operations, improve communication, and increase employee satisfaction. Smart gadgets are just the beginning, as we continue to optimize human-computer interactions and gain greater insight.
If you’re looking to make a few smart additions to your office space, here are a few good places to start:
- Gadgets for Modern Meetings — check out these 10 gadgets, including smart whiteboards and video communication devices.
- Business tablets — these top picks will enhance workplace productivity at the office and while you’re on-the-go.
- Universal Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard — here are the best options for 2018.
- When it comes to increased productivity, these 20 workplace gadgets may inspire your next office purchase.
As stated by Deloitte University Press, 56 percent of businesses are currently redesigning their HR programs by implementing mobile and digital tools. These tools automate and improve HR operations by eliminating things like human error and reducing the amount of resources involved.
Here are the three most popular forms of HR software:
- Recruiting software (referral programs, recruitment marketing solutions, applicant tracking systems, etc.). Some of the best options include TalenLyft Source, Teamable, and GoodHire.
- Administrative software (employee scheduling, payroll, benefits, etc.). Some of the best options include Time Doctor, Xero, Shiftboard, and Gusto.
- Human capital management software (employee performance, employee engagement, onboarding and offboarding, etc.). Some of the best options include Kin, HR Onboard, AssessTeam, and Peakon.
Data backup and recovery solutions
The consequences of data loss are immense. As reported by the National Archives & Records Administration in Washington, 93 percent of companies that lost their data center for 10 or more days were forced to file for bankruptcy within one year of the incident. Unfortunately, 50 percent filed for bankruptcy immediately.
A disaster plan is essential, as preventative measures could make the difference between your company’s long-term success or failure. By protecting your data via a secured data center, you will be able to effectively avoid downtime, preserve data integrity, and enhance overall security.
Technology has changed the way we communicate — plain and simple. By implementing the latest communication technology, you can maximize each workday, optimizing revenue. As stated in one key report, nearly 15 percent of total work time is lost or wasted because of ineffective or inefficient communications.
To enhance communications and collaborations, check out the following options:
- Asana — which is used by TED and Uber
- Podio — great for delegating tasks
- Ryver — helps ensure deadlines are met
If you are eager to rise above the competition this year, it is important that you view technology as your most important ally. After all, Bill Gates said it best, “Information technology and business are becoming inextricably interwoven. I don’t think you can talk meaningfully about one without the talking about the other.”
Looking for more great information and guidance? Take a look at the following articles: